What Is Online Blackjack and How to Play It?
This kind of entertainment, also known as 21, is very popular among casino fans. One can find blackjack tables at any casino, both inland and online ones, all over the world. The game itself is simple enough, and it is not hard for a novice to study its basic rules. Learn the fundamental rules on how to play blackjack online before you get started.
So, it is played with a standard deck of 52 (without jokers), but as a rule, several casino decks may be used at once. It is played against the croupier whom you must beat.
Important! The purpose is to collect a combination in which the number of points will be greater than the croupier has, but it must not exceed 21. If the sum of points exceeds 21, then, according to the rules, it is considered a bust, and the gambler automatically loses, regardless of which cards the croupier has.
Cards have the following values:
- A (Ace) - 1 or 11 (at your discretion)
- K (King), Q (Queen), J (Jack), 10 (ten) - all of them are accepted for ten points
- The rest are rated, depending on their nominal - 2 (2 points), 3 (3 points), ..., 9 (9 points)
Note: The “blackjack” combination is considered to be an ace with every decimal (AK, AQ, AJ, A10), and it usually beats any combination, even 21. For example, you have AJ (21 point - blackjack), and the dealer has 6, 7, 8 (21 points). In this case, you win because you have a combination of blackjack.
Blackjack in New Zealand
If to ask New Zealand casino fans what their favourite entertainment for real money is, most of them would answer, “Of course, it is online blackjack”. In New Zealand, both traditional and live dealer versions have gained much popularity. Such great love for twenty-one can be explained by two key factors. It is one of the few casino games where your skill actually matters. Most reputable online gambling platforms offer huge winnings for gambling fans.
New Zealand players are much luckier than anybody else because the largest selection of blackjack games is presented in the country. Whether you want to choose a classic type or try your luck at Live Dealer, check a European or Bonus type, you'll find the necessary type almost everywhere in NZ. Beginners should take into account that each type has its own distinctive features and peculiarities. So, let's check some of the most common types of twenty-one that are available online.
The Most Popular Types of Blackjack
Compared to any casino entertainment, twenty-one has the most different versions that have appeared throughout the entire online blackjack existence, and they continue to appear now. Nevertheless, the basic principle remains the same: to collect the number of points that will be higher than the croupier has and will not be more than 21.
Since there are so many types, let's discuss the most popular types of twenty-one which most New Zealand gamblers give preference to.
- European. Two standard decks are used here. In the European version, the combination of blackjack beats any other hand which has 21 points. The merits are evaluated just like in the classic type: from ten to the king - 10 points, an ace - 1/11 points, and others in accordance with their face value. The gambler can receive up to 9 additional cards to collect the combination. If the dealer has 17 points (or more), then, by rules, he stops picking up new ones. If the dealer has less than 17 points, then he will necessarily pick one. In the case when the dealer collects 21, gamblers lose all bets other than insurance. Online Blackjack can be insured if the dealer has an ace.
- Switch. The main model of the game remained unchanged: the rating, counting points, and moves. However, there are 6 curious differences:
- You are allowed to lead the game only in two boxes for which you need to make the same bets.
- Only top cards can be changed between the boxes.
- After soft 17 points (presence in the combination of the Ace), the dealer is required to take another 1 card.
- The croupier’s blackjack beats the client’s.
- If the dealer and the player scored 17 points, then the house wins.
- A draw is announced when the croupier has 22 (the player wins only if there is a blackjack).
If you strictly adhere to the strategy, you will be able to reduce the advantage of the house to 0.6% -0.2%. It turns out that if you refine the skill of the game and choose the desired line of conduct, then you can play with almost the same chance for victory as the casino.
- Vegas. If the dealer's original card is equal to 10 or that ace, then the croupier immediately looks at the next one, and if he has the necessary combination, then gamblers immediately lose their bets (the only exception is when the player also has 21).
- Atlantic City. The dealer looks at the next card when he has an ace or 10 and checks for blackjack. If the croupier has the required combination, then the gamblers lose. Eight decks are usually used in this type. In Atlantic City, you can double the bet even after the split and also can re-break the deck after the split.
- Spanish. The Spanish version significantly differs from all other types of online blackjack. The main distinction is that it is run by the 8th Spanish deck, which, unlike the standard decks, consists of 48 instead of 52. This peculiarity gives the casino even greater advantage over the gamblers. As for the rest, this type is practically identical to the classic one, except that the player can break the deck three times, i.e. play straight at four hands. Have a look at the structure of payments in the Spanish version.
- 21 collected from 5 cards - 3:2 payouts;
- 21 collected from 6 - 2:1 payout;
- 21 collected from 7 or more - 3:1 payout;
- Split combinations 6-7-8 and 7-7-7 - 3:2 payouts;
- Suited combinations 6-7-8 and 7-7-7 - 2:1 payout;
- A combination of a peak suit of 6-7-8 or 7-7-7 - 3:1 payout;
- Suited 7-7-7, if the dealer has an open card 7 - 50:1 payout.
You will need to familiarize yourself with all the other nuances directly on the certain online gambling platform.
10 Tips and Tricks that Will Increase Your Chances to Win
We understand that online blackjack is a great game, and it is impossible to tell about it in 10 sentences. You need to learn much on your own. Nevertheless, our team of professionals has formulated the 10 most important tips that will help you become a professional.
- Choose free blackjack in an online casino until you have mastered all the wisdom of the game. All online casinos give the opportunity to try the training mode. Use this chance without taking risks to lose your hard-earned money.
- Have an online blackjack strategy chart in front of you. Follow the prompts until you’ve gained the necessary knowledge and skills.
- Determine your budget in advance and stick to it, so as not to be in debt.
- Choose the table where the minimum rate is 5% of your gaming budget.
- Take a card if the amount you have is less than 17 when the dealer has an 8, 9, 10-point card. Stop if you have more than 11 points in total when the dealer has 4, 5, 6. The dealer is forced to take a card, and in 40% of the cases, he or she will have a bust.
- Never make an insurance bet only if you are not engaged in counting cards professionally. Only by counting them, you can determine the chance of winning the insurance rate.
- Doubling is a powerful advantage of the gambler. We recommend doubling your hand with a 10-point if the dealer has 9 or fewer points. In some variants of the game, doubling 9 is prohibited, and many also limit doubling in the presence of a soft hand against 4, 5, or 6 at the dealer.
- When you get two cards of the same value as a result of the distribution, you can divide them in half while doubling the original bet. Do not break the 10s and 5s. Always separate 7 and 8 when the dealer has the same value or lower. Make split of 2 and 3 when the dealer has 4, 5, or 6. You are also recommended to split the aces.
- Raise the stakes during a successful game.
- Give preference to a Live Dealer. In the game with a live dealer, you control each round of the game and do not depend on the random number generator.
Hope that the above-listed tips will boost your chances to gain successful gambling experience.