What is Roulette and How to Play It
Roulette is one of the most popular casino games. There are plenty of online roulette versions nowadays, but all of them come from the two main game types:
The wheel of the European version has 37 numbers. 36 pockets are distributed on both sides of the wheel; 18 pockets are red, and 18 are black. The remaining pocket is called house number, and it is painted in green. If a ball falls into it, the casino wins, and all the players lose.
The probability that the ball falls in a red or black pocket is equal.
The wheel of the American version does not differ much from that of the European variant. The only significant distinction is that the casino has two house numbers; therefore, the advantage is higher. That’s why most players prefer the European or the French roulette rather than the American option.
Before the start of a game, each player is given chips in a colour that distinguishes them from the chips of other players. It is done to avoid misunderstandings and disputes.
After that, the players place their bets, and the croupier spins the ball. Nothing depends on you now. Just wait till the ball lands in a pocket to see the result.
Are There Strategies to Win?
If you want to increase your winning chances, you might find plenty of materials both online and offline. There are numerous strategies invented and described. One of the most popular methods is called the Martingale. According to it, you have to double your bet each time you lose. For example, if you bet 1 NZD and lose, the next time you should bet 2 NZD and so on.
However, these strategies do not have any sense because of one reason: a wheel, in any version of the game, rotates randomly. There is no connection between the previous outcome and the next one. The Random Number Generator takes care of each result.
Each reputable gambling services provider cares of its reputation; hence, all the games are tested and certified by independent organizations. eCOGRA is a company that specializes in such kind of games certifications. Therefore, if you see that the software is eCOGRA-approved, you can be sure that this company offers you fair gambling.
Even though strategies are useless for games based on luck, you can apply some tips to increase your chances to win. Please note that we are talking about common sense and the ability to assess the circumstances and react appropriately.
Tips to follow if you want to increase your chances to win in an online roulette game:
- Play the European version if you can, since it has a higher RTP;
- Select only reliable licensed gambling service providers;
- Use bonuses whenever you have this opportunity;
- Remember that the wheel spins are not related to each other;
- Take a break each time after you win;
- Place the bets of the same value on two columns and place a half of the value on the red to cover most of the numbers and to minimize the losses if any.
Roulette in New Zealand
Online roulette is one of the most popular casino games in New Zealand. The winning chances are very attractive, the rules are not complicated, and the game itself is very dynamic and engaging. Gambling services providers in New Zealand offer many versions of this game. You can select between the classical options or give your preference to a new game or even a game created by the casino itself.
The choice is so extensive that you might find it difficult to select the best casino to play online roulette. So, we have selected the recommended casinos to play in. We have made our choice based on a number of factors that include:
- The company’s safety and regulation. All casinos are licensed; they have all the needed permissions to provide gambling services, and all of them guarantee their clients the safety and confidentiality of their data online, especially if you play for real money.
- Bonuses and promotions for new and constant clients. All these companies offer the best bonuses for both new clients and constant customers.
- Games safety and selection. All games are provided by famous software developers that have been working in the gambling industry for ages. All of them should be tested and certified, and all the related data should either be available on the casino’s website or be provided by a casino staff upon request.
- Options to deposit and withdraw money. They should be available in your location. A player should be able to select an option that is cheap and convenient to use. Withdrawals should be processed within the shortest time.
- Constant availability of the customer support. You should be able to get in touch with them via chat, email, or phone.
The Best Casinos to Play Online Roulette in New Zealand
It is a casino that takes a classic approach to its service. That’s why it is one of the best casinos in New Zealand. If you are looking for a casino to play the game and win, it is definitely one of the best websites to try.
All Slots Casino
It is one of the most popular slots casinos in the world. The welcome package which equals the sum of 30,000 NZD cannot leave you indifferent, and the highest quality and safety of all games make it just roll.
It is a relatively new casino, but the licenses provided by such regulators as the Gambling Commission of Great Britain, Malta Gaming Authority, and Curacao are meaningful for both beginners and experienced gamblers: the casino is safe. Here, you can enjoy the best conditions if you want to play online roulette.
Playing this game in New Zealand is absolutely legal, even though you might not see any related adds on TV or other mass media. It is connected with the fact that gambling is prohibited in New Zealand, and the country doesn’t issue licenses to casinos that would permit them to operate on the territory of New Zealand. However, you can play in any foreign gambling room online, which is absolutely legal.
All bonuses and special offers are applied to the gamblers from New Zealand, and the winnings are not taxed.
Types of Roulette and Their Pros and Cons
Roulette is one of the oldest casino games; so, there are plenty of its variations and types. Two main kinds are the American and the European online roulette. The rules, as well as the wheels, are almost similar. The main difference is a double-zero pocket on the wheel of the American version. It almost doubles the advantage of the house and makes the gamblers give their preference to the European (French roulette) version which has only one house pocket.
This game is so popular among the players that its new versions are added now and then. The most popular game types in New Zealand are the following:
This kind of online roulette is similar to the typical European version. The only difference is the number of balls that can be rotated on the wheel: you can spin 3 balls simultaneously. A player uses a special RC mechanism to rotate the balls. The wagers are divided depending on the number of balls you rotate. For example, if you choose to rotate three balls, your wager will be divided into three.
No Zero Version
There are 36 numbers on the wheels, without a Zero pocket. It means that the house advantage is eliminated completely. It is a new trend in this kind of gambling, and the number of interested players is growing constantly.
It is a simplified variant of the European version, with just 12 pockets instead of 36 ones. Wagers and payouts are different from those that you see in the European version.
Progressive or Roulette Royale
The wheel and the pockets are the same as the ones of the European option. The main difference is in the progressive jackpot, a feature that distinguishes this roulette type from other games of this kind. You hit the jackpot if the same number comes on the wheel 5 times in a raw.
Basic Rules to Play Online Roulette
You play online roulette against the house, not against other players. Your task is to predict which number the ball will land. So, the game starts. A croupier spins the ball, and the players place their bets.
Types of bets and how to place them correctly
When you choose inside betting, you can bet on one number or on a group of six numbers only. This strategy reduces your winnings significantly, but the payouts are very high. There are the following types of inside bets:
- Straight up – you can make more than one bet. You bet on one number only.
- Split – you make a bet on two adjacent numbers. If a ball lands on any of them, you win.
- Street – you bet on three numbers in one horizontal online roulette table line.
- Corner – you bet on a corner, a meeting point of four numbers on a game table.
- Double street – you bet on two streets.
- In the American version, you can also place a top line bet. You bet on 0, 00, 1, 2, 3 numbers. To do so, place your chips on the corner of 1 and 0 or 00 and 3, any of them.
- Outside bets are less risky than inside bets; hence, they offer significantly lower payouts. Outside bets are made on groups of numbers; therefore, the probability that you win is much higher. There are the following main types of outside bets:
- Red vs. black bet – here, you bet rather on colour than on a number. If you place a red bet and the ball lands on a number on a red background, you win. If you place a black bet, you win if the ball lands on a number on a black background.
- Even vs. odd bet – if you place an even bet and the ball lands on an even number, you win. If you place an odd bet and the ball lands on an odd number, you are a winner again.
- Low vs. high bet – the numbers on the online roulette wheel are divided into low (1 – 18) and high (19 – 36). If you place a low bet, the ball shall land on a number from 1 to 18 to make you a winner. If you place a high bet, the ball shall land on any number from 19 to 36 to bring you winnings.
- Dozen bet – all 36 numbers of the wheel are divided into dozens. You can bet on any of them.
Now, check the minimum and maximum bet limitations, and you can start playing and, hopefully, winning.